Maternal & Child Health Hotline
The state of Wisconsin offers a variety of resources for pregnant women, infants, children, and families. The following list of programs is not all-inclusive. Contact us to find out what services may be available to you.
- Call: Call us 24 hours/day, 7 days/week at 1-800-722-2295
- Search online: Use our database to find the resources you need.
- Badgercare Plus is a health insurance program for low-income Wisconsin residents, including single adults, parents, children, and pregnant women. Contact us for more information.
- Affordable Care Act information: we will connect you with an ACA navigator to get information on market place plans and subsidies that you may be eligible for.
WIC (Women, Infant, and Children) Programs
WIC is a nutrition program for pregnant or breastfeeding women and children under the age of five years old. The purpose of The WIC program is to provides nutrition counseling, breastfeeding support, and supplemental healthy food items. Contact us to find contact information for your local WIC office.
Prenatal Care Coordination
- Prenatal Care Coordination provides access to medical, social, educational, and other services to support women on Badgercare Plus considered to have high-risk pregnancies. A pregnancy can be considered high-risk due to medical issues, lack of family or social support, or unsafe living arrangements.
- A case manager will work directly with the woman to ensure that she has the services and support needed for a healthy pregnancy and to prepare her for caring for her newborn.
FoodShare is a public benefit that can assist people with limited income to purchase food. Both single adults and families may be eligible for FoodShare benefits. Contact us to learn where to apply in your area.
Wisconsin Works (W2)
Wisconsin Works is a program developed to assist parents with minor children in acquiring job skills, finding employment, and maintaining employment. While parents are participating in the program, they may be eligible for a financial stipend and assistance with childcare and transportation expenses. Pregnant women and parents of newborns may qualify for additional benefits. Call us to learn more.
Childcare Expense Assistance
Wisconsin Shares provides assistance paying for childcare to low-income families to allow the parents to work, attend school, or receive other relevant job skills training. Contact us or search our database to learn how to apply.
Wisconsin Well Woman Program
The Wisconsin Well Woman Program (WWWP) provides preventive health screening services to women with little or no health insurance coverage. Well Woman pays for mammograms, Pap tests, certain other health screenings, and multiple sclerosis testing for women with high risk signs of multiple sclerosis. In the case of a diagnosis, the program will assist in getting connected to Medical Assistance for treatment.
Wisconsin Maternal and Child Health Hotline is operated by Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, Wis. Funded in part by MCH Title V Services Block Grant, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Wisconsin Birth to 3 Program, U.S. Department of Education.