Services Hotline for Women, Children & Families
Pregnancy can be an overwhelming time for women and their families, whether the pregnancy was planned or unplanned. The Services Hotline for Women, Children, and Families can offer resources to support women during and after their pregnancies. As part of Wisconsin Act 309, referral information needs to be available to women prior to making a decision regarding continuation of their pregnancy.
If you would like a printed copy of the statewide directory of resources please contact us by phone or chat.
- Call: Call us 24 hours/day, 7 days/week at 1-877-855-7296
- Search online: Use our database to find the resources you need.
Examples of Services
- Badgercare Plus is a health insurance program for low-income Wisconsin residents, including single adults, parents, children, and pregnant women. Contact us for more information.
- Affordable Care Act information: we will connect you with an ACA navigator to get information on market place plans and subsidies that you may be eligible for.
WIC (Women, Infant, and Children) Programs
WIC is a nutrition program for pregnant or breastfeeding women and children under the age of five years old. The purpose of The WIC program is to provides nutrition counseling, breastfeeding support, and supplemental healthy food items. Contact us to find contact information for your local WIC office.
Prenatal Care Coordination
- Prenatal Care Coordination provides access to medical, social, educational, and other services to support women on Badgercare Plus considered to have high-risk pregnancies. A pregnancy can be considered high-risk due to medical issues, lack of family or social support, or unsafe living arrangements.
- A case manager will work directly with the woman to ensure that she has the services and support needed for a healthy pregnancy and to prepare her for caring for her newborn.
FoodShare is a public benefit that can assist people with limited income to purchase food. Both single adults and families may be eligible for FoodShare benefits. Contact us to learn where to apply in your area.
Wisconsin Works (W2)
Wisconsin Works is a program developed to assist parents with minor children in acquiring job skills, finding employment, and maintaining employment. While parents are participating in the program, they may be eligible for a financial stipend and assistance with childcare and transportation expenses. Pregnant women and parents of newborns may qualify for additional benefits. Call us to learn more.
Childcare Expense Assistance
Wisconsin Shares provides assistance paying for childcare to low-income families to allow the parents to work, attend school, or receive other relevant job skills training. Contact us or search our database to learn how to apply.
Contact us if you have questions related to Child Support, Family and Medical Leave, Parenting Classes, and Adoption. We will search our database for resources.